Carbon Monoxide is a deadly poisonous gas produced by the incomplete combustion of all fossil fuels.
Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning are:
Drowsiness, weakness, headaches, impaired concentration and pains in the chest. The above symptoms can often be mistaken by doctors as other illnesses. Sometimes the symptoms are ongoing and the affects can buildup in the body.
Regular servicing of gas appliances greatly reduce the chance of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
Prolonged exposure to relatively low levels of Carbon Monoxide can cause irreversible brain damage.
Do not fall asleep in a room with a gas fire unless you are sure that it is fully safe and well serviced.
Any yellow flames or sooty marks are a sure sign of problems.